The 18XS is a one channel transformer coupled Microphone Preamplifier, DI, Line Amplifier and Passive Pultec Equalizer. It’s an all discrete design based upon the great 990 amplifier. The equalizer is the Lindell take on the magical classic Pultec design. It’s got 15db boost of the creamiest high and the most punchy low end heard this century.
It also incorporates the famous ”Mix Knob” from the 17X compressor. This means that you can parallel equalize your line input. This gives you more flexibility and a way of creating new tones….
- Up to 65db of gain
- Transformer coupled Balanced inputs and Balanced Outputs
- High Impedance DI input
- Passive Pultec Equalizer. Inductor + 990 gain make-up amplifier
- ”Mix Knob” a dry wet, parallel processing knob where you can blend the dry line input signal with the eq’d output
- 5 Step Switched Eq Low Freq Boost 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz +/-10%
- 5 Step Switched Eq High Freq Bosst 4kHz, 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz +/-10%
- 5 Step Switched Eq High Freq Attenuation 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz +/-10%
- Fender Switches
- Direct Ouput: Pre – Post the Mix Knob
- Pin Compatible with 990&2520 type op-amps
- Output VU meter
Australian RRP $1059 - ETA still to be confirmed. Rumoured for January 2013